Friday 10 August 2012

Again, the first time


I stood there again
Licking my wounds
(liking my wounds ?)

I dont learn the next time
Because there's no next time for me
Its always the first time
I dont want to be experienced
(i dont want to be old?)

You were there then
You weren't there
I believed you weren't there
(but you were there?)

I recognised it
The moment i impressed you
( i challenged you?)

It was good
You and me
Something that never could have lasted
( i felt secure?)

I told you a lot of times
You told me a lot of times
That we were soulmates.
( we were classmates?)

The usual waves crashed
Anger and avoidance
You left, I too got up
Time to move on
( i always knew?)

So there i stood again
On that same road,
Licking my wounds the third time.
( waiting for another first?)

No comments:

Post a Comment