Friday 10 August 2012

I work, I am common as is the majority


Okay, so i'm powerless, i'm common
I wake up every morning
And read the newspaper.

I read about all the powerful people
I read about all the rich people
All that they do
Or plan to do
For me, for us.

I also read they've done
What they shouldn't have
They've twisted things their way
They've made a pact of their own.

A cycle that none of them plan to break.
They've taken our money
And used as their own
They've taken our trust
And pulverized it.

I read all this
The betrayal
The depth
The manipulation
I remain unfazed.

I take my usual bus
I go to work.
I work,oh yes, I work.

One power group goes out,
Another sets in,
The group that wins the war
Of money and power.
I work.

For i'm the majority.
For i have the responsibility
Of the next day.
That whatever happens,
Life should not stop.

I work
For no matter what they say or do,
The next day would come
And bring with it
Its commonality
For the commons to carry forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment